Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm tired. Make them stop.


How did this happen to us? Is it better or worse than it ever was ?


Everyone sort a- kind-a wants the "world" to end as we know it.

After reading about " The bachelorette"(see previous posts) I want it to end too.


But, basically it's a primal fantasy. Do you want to know why?


Because then we wouldn't have to go to work, wash socks, or cook chicken for dinner anymore!


I'm exhausted from battling for survival in this world. From shielding my eyes from the ever increasing commercialization of every moment and emotion. From running and running to catch up.


Only art can save us (making it-not necessarily selling it [although contact us for pricing and availability] )!

Break out them emergency canned peaches and let the savagery begin,

I'm loosing ground.

y

4 comments:

  1. http://www.engrish.com/2010/03/am-i-the-only-one-who-really-wants-to-see-it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comrade Y-

    Nope. Not buying into it. I could go all, "To be a revolutionary is grand; to be an anarchist is just plain silly." (unless anarchy is your revolution and then I am just plain fucked.)

    Here goes: we all have these moments. I have them more often than not (but for me it is a symptom of PTSD; and beans are better than peaches, believe you me). For you, I can only guess, it is exhaustion. Life is tiring in more ways than many can imagine. I have had entire days where I have done "nothing," and yet crawl into bed and pass out from the ensuing exhaustion. Work, family, life... It is all overwhelming from time to time.

    All I can say is: you aren't alone. But please, please, do not let the death knell of your world be "The Bachelorette." That would just be wrong. Especially for a revolutionary such as yourself! : )

    -E

    PS- make 'em wear dirty socks and eat tofu. It will build character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks E,
    Yeah, we all have moments. They make it that way. Wear us down with Pringles cheeseburger flavor TGIFF breadsticks.

    Or, again, do we choose to be worn down so we don't have to live up to something really important ?

    Actually, I think I was the one who was dead the whole time on LOST.
    -Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comrade Y-

    I don't think we so much choose to be worn down; rather, we simply take the path of least resistance. I know I did that for a long while and when I woke up, well, let me just say the divorce will be finalized within a few months.

    Just be the best you that you can be and go from there. And that "something really important" can be so many things. Life is what you make it.

    -E

    ReplyDelete