Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fuck you, bitch. Wait, can I be you ?

This from the New York Times Style section.
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/profile-in-style-kelly-wearstler/

Impossibly fabulous. Impossibly tall. Impossibly fabulous. Impossibly tall.

Something about those big orange lines on the wall and the orange in the painting fill me with such dread and rage that I can barely breathe.

See if you can read the rest of the article and and scroll through this woman's life without strangling the nearest person/thing/pet/boyfriend/grandmother.

I read these type of things and buy into it. Don't we all ? Isn't that the whole point; to make us feel inferior,ugly,dumb,pedestrian? It's a big HUGE obvious ploy for us to buy,buy, buy, but yet I STILL BUY BUY BUY INTO IT !!!
IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF AND THEN GRAB TUFTS OF HER HAIR AND YANK IT OUT.

Is it possible that this is not a myth ? Does this really exist ? (Actually I have seen it first hand.)

That's the sad part. It does exist.

(Impossibly conflicted feelings-- There, I confess)

xo--Y







3 comments:

  1. It looks like she wiped her ass on the wall behind her and is posing in front of it like some dog proud of taking a shit on the sidewalk. We're supposed to care about this vacuous woman why? Some of us have real jobs and don't have time to fantasize about being bourgeois "fashion consultants" or whatever. Jesus. The fact that this woman is real makes me want to puke my guts out. On her wall.

    -- X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comrade Y-

    Do not buy into the hype! Really. This woman is a product. She is derisive, obnoxious, and wears some of the stupidest items that can possibly be called clothing. (I ended up getting sucked into "Top Design" on Bravo. All I can say is: TRAIN WRECK - yes! Kelly Wreckstler!)

    While she can design a room (while mining what she considers the "best" of the 1970s- ick), she is one of those people who are made famous by the simple fact that she can put two fabrics together, is skinny as all get-go, and had a TV-ready life. You know her closets are organized by a posse of Mexican women!

    I still cannot let go of the fact she has two houses in LA. Like Beverly Hills and Malibu ARE THAT FAR AWAY FROM EACH OTHER. Really. harrumph.

    Let it go Comrade Y. Recognize that as messy as our lives are in the real world, unless we have a contingent of people who support us and an income that would rival the GDP of Guatemala, we will never reach such silly heights.



    -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear (have some pie) for your kind words..Anyway i didn't know what "Top Design" was after I posted this. Now I hate more, envy less. In the future I promise not to gloat about how fabulous I am.
    Y

    ReplyDelete