Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Comrade X Declares May 19 "National Fuck It Day"


Ah, Comrade X remembers being just a young little tow-headed tyke, a wee boy happily playing stick ball or kick-the-can or some other innocent childhood game with neighborhood friends, when, suddenly, tyrannically, he is ordered inside by a parent. What? No! We're not even finished! Well, Comrade X realized, even at that young age, that power must be spoken back to, power must be shown the limits of its authority, power must be resisted for the sake of resistance and freedom and everything that Comrade X holds dear, and so, my Revolutionaries, Comrade X delivered this gesture to said parent, asserting his autonomy and simultaneously saying to the world, "No! Thou shalt not defeat me! Thou shalt not oppress the weak!" (Yes, Comrade X used to talk like that. He was raised in a non-normative household.)

Oh, sure, Comrade X had his ass beaten right royally that day, with a multitude of common household implements, but in retrospect, when he looks back through the misty veils of time and memory, he realizes that it was all worth it, that that beating was a lesson, an invaluable lesson, in the Dialectic of Oppression which shaped irrevocably Comrade X's never-to-be-swayed Revolutionary Consciousness.

And so Comrade X declares May 19 "National Fuck It Day," and expects all his Revolutionary Comrades to go out into the world and once, just once (but of course feel free to do it at EVERY opportunity!), to say to power, power in any form, "Fuck you! I will not be oppressed!"

Comrade X eagerly awaits your stories of liberation and resistance! Rise up! If Starbucks gives you foam on your no-foam latte, you tell them you're mad as hell and won't take it anymore!

ONWARD!

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, I practice this on a daily basis. Namely with my mom, believe it or not. I have told her to go fuck herself on numerous occasions (even on the same day!). And sometimes if it isn't warranted I would take it back. Begrudgingly.

    I will have to burrow into my house today for I am in a state of mind that I will tell the world to go fuck itself. and I am really, really, loud.

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. In jr. High I told my teacher to fuck off during gym class. One of my classmates hit me in the face with a basket ball and knocked my glasses off. I got so angery I was ready to kill (abused kid anger issues...long story). So I walked out of the gym so that I wouldn't actually kill someone and the teacher told me to get back into the gym. And I said FUCK YOU and walked home. I got suspended.

    Le F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but you stood your ground, despite the consequences, and that's what National Fuck It Day (which should be EVERY day, as far as I'm concerned) is all about. That's what separates us from the craven bourgeois bureaucrats and functionaries. So good for you!

    -- X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le F actually stands for Le Fuqua, which translates from the french as The Fuck You...and if you know me, then you know that this name fits like a glove.

    Le F

    ReplyDelete