Thursday, October 14, 2010

Okay, This Time, I Swear!


Online Dating Helping Pathetic Women Get Their Hopes Crushed More Efficiently

Okay, so I came across this video, and it reminded me of a woman I saw on the streetcar (why do people act like complete retards the minute they enter the streetcar? They walk in the door and suddenly become confused and just STOP so that no one else can enter. It's madness!), and I can't remember if I've told this story before so I'm just going to tell it again (not that it especially bears repeating, but what the hell -- Comrade X is tired!):

So I'm on the streetcar one morning, commuting to the Academic Penal Institution I USED to work in before I got ROYALLY FUCKED by some of the ABSOLUTE INSANE ASSHOLES who populate academia, when this goth kid gets on and sits in front of me. Of course he's got a guitar, so he starts playing it, not all that loud, but just loud enough to let everyone know that HE knows a couple chords and that he JUST wrote a song about his fucking feelings which we were all now subjected to. Well, you know me, of course I wasn't pleased with this situation that had been thrust upon me, but I figured, poor geek, center of his own lonely fucking universe, let the little crybaby have his moment. Well, so this kid plays for maybe thirty seconds, unstrangled by Comrade X, when suddenly this big fat woman (the women in the above video reminded me of this story) at the front of the streetcar turns around and yells, in one of the LOUDEST voices I've ever heard (second only to the crazy guy I saw the other day at the Academic Penal Institution screaming about someone's toe and how "That's what they do in Florida!") , "Give 'em an inch and they take a mile!" Suddenly all sound ceased as everyone simultaneously tried to make sense of this absolutely nonsensical utterance, and just at the point when we all realized that she was talking about the goth kid, she screams again, "Please don't play your guitar on the streetcar. THANK YOU!" To which the goth kid says, "Sorry" in his timid little voice and sits there, dejected, his head hanging down and probably now thinking about cutting himself.

So, now that everything was quiet, what does the fat bitch do? Yep, that's right: she gets on her cell phone and proceeds to have THE LOUDEST cell phone conversation EVER. For the entire trip.

Give 'em an inch, and they'll take a mile, indeed. Fucking hell. Everyone in this town feels they have the right to do whatever they want and not be bothered by anyone else doing whatever they want while they're doing it. If you get my meaning. THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Just so you get your subculture right: it must have been an emo kid. goths would never play a guitar on a street car. Just saying...

    -E

    ReplyDelete