Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Okay, This Time, I Mean It: Where to Meet Your Online Date

Okay, once again I have stumbled onto a bizarre picture in search for an appropriate image for the "Where to Meet Your Online Date" post. This one came with the following introductory paragraph:

"A few years ago a girlfriend and I decided to try online dating at the same time. For some reason trying it together seemed to kill the stigma that we couldn’t get a date without some type of assistance. We both happened to be single moms and thought this would be a great way to meet new people. What a ride it became!"

The rest of the article is ludicrous. But the picture gives me pause. If it's connected to the article, then I can only imagine the context as being a conversation between the unnamed girlfriends:

A: OMG, I just found a guy who is SOOOOOOOO cute! You HAVE to see him!
B: I'll look him up RIGHT NOW! What's his profile name?
A: Randybastard69!
B: OMG! There he is! OMG, he's SOOOOOOOOOO cute!
A: Don't you love his brooding good looks?
B: Hard to tell under the facial hair, but I LOOOOOOOVE the porkpie hat!
A: He is SUCH a hipster! LOOOOOOVE the hipsters!
B: They are SO emotional! They just SO understand how a woman FEELS, you know?
A: OMG, I SO know! Listen to this: he says, "I feel my pain too intensely, and I want to share it with someone who can understand me on a deeper level. I'm so intense. I ache for the pains of the world." Gawd, he's SO emo!
B: I LOVE emo! You can share clothes!
A: OMG! Yes! And listen to this: "I like to spend my evenings thinking about dark things, maybe too dark for you, because I'm so intense. Do I scare you? But I also like bands, but only really dark ones, like Death's Head Moth and Emos Under Fire and Put to the Torture and Cry Baby Cry. Maybe we could see a show and afterward feel really bad about the state of the world. Or have coffee. And talk about our feelings."
B: Ahhh! OMG! He's SOOOOOOOOO your type!
A: OMG, I know, right!?
B: OMG!
A: OMG!
B: OMG!

Etc.

I mean, seriously, does anyone sit on the phone looking at losers' profiles and call their friends and talk about it? Well, yes -- but only to discuss the dregs. The laughable dregs.

Shit. I see I've become distracted and divagated from my purpose. Okay, next time, I swear I'll get to the post I've promised you.

1 comment:

  1. Stop it. He was adorable. So what if he had a vespa?
    Y

    ReplyDelete