Thursday, November 11, 2010

I think we started a revolution


  • Check out the Rachel Ray haters:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/late-night-bacon-recipe/reviews/index.html

    This was such a fantastic idea! Who would have thought! I actually put individual bacon slices on individual paper plates and used Egyptian cotton towels to absorb the grease! It really classed up this timeless recipe. I also suggest accompanying with Late Night Cereal. Pick any cereal of choice, pour in bowl, add skim, whole or soy, almond milk, serve with spoon. The combo is to die for!

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    WOW ! I learned how to make bacon this way when I was 5 and a microwave was called a "Radar Range". Glad to see the "recipe" has not been lost through the years like so many timeless ones are.

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    ohhhh wow! Microwave bacon, sounds exotic. I never would have thought of such a culinary triumph, thanks for the suggestion. Question though, is it always customary to place bacon in the microwave BEFORE pressing start or is it more of a play it by ear kind of cooking situation? I'm night a very good cook so directions can get a lil confusing somtimes LOL! I have a great idea for making your drinks better. Place water in a tray and place in the freezer for about 3 or 4 hours but YMMV. I call them ice cubes. Spruces up just about any drink, enjoi!

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    Plastic melted on the package. I got sick because bacon was raw.

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    Sup Ray Ray --

    Late Night Bacon!!! Forget that ANYTIME -- more like it! I TOTALLEE put in some wood chips in the 'wave to add some smokey flavor. After I open up all of the windows and dismantle the smoke alarms. I just eat and eat and then cry and cry.

    U R Z BEST

    U R Z BEST!!!

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    I see that this is usually made for the seasons Fall, Spring and Summer but what would happen if I made this in the Winter? Is it too cold out?

    My husband has quite the love for my late night bacon that sometimes he can't wait till Spring. Should I just say no to Winter late night bacon?

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    Was I supposed to add 2 lbs of parmigiano-reggiano cheese, or just 6 cups?

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    It's only 6:54pm... can I make this yet? Or does it need to be later?

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    Would this work for turkey bacon as well?

    What happens if I overlap the bacon? And are those full sheets of paper towels or half sheets?

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
  • on November 11, 2010

    Rachael, you are my favorite food personality. You are very loud and I think yelling is great on TV. I was unable to find "bacon" at my local store. I was able to find "Bacon Bits" but after over 2 hours in the microwave they barely even changed color. So I threw the Bacon Bits away and microwaved some 1000 island dressing on top of 5 paper towels. After 6 min I ended up with very hot, orange paper. Guess what? IT WAS DELICIOUS! You have totally got to try it! I call it "Late Night Thousand Island Roasted Paper Pizza." If you use this recipe on your show, I only ask that you give me credit for. Don't be a jerkface and steal my idea. I trust you but I've got my eye on you.

    people found this review Helpful.
    Was this review

No comments:

Post a Comment